MHH information for students
An introduction how to download a current certificate of entrollment can be find in the Student handbook (on our elearning plattform ILIAS)
It is also described here:
You receive an e-mail on your MHH student e-mail account with the details for the re-registration.
In order to be able to continue your studies in the next semester you have to re-register in time:
- Sommersemester: 15.01. - 07.02.
- Wintersemester: 15.06. - 07.07.
Further information of the Students office (so far only in German):
If you are pregnant and plan to provide study and test performances during maternal leave job protection (usually 6 weeks before estimated due date and 8 weeks after delivery) you need to:
- sign a waiver (download here, please ask the programme coordinator or the students office for an English version)
- and send it to Hebammenstudiengang@mh-hannover.de and firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information for students who are parents (in German):
Students must present a written request "Antrag auf Beurlaubung" (download here, please ask the programme coordinator or the students office for an english version) and a significant reason for their request in accordance with the admission regulations (German version) of Hannover Medical School. A leave of absence is only valid for full semesters and is normally only allowed for a maximum of two consecutive semesters.
Students are not allowed to bring study and test performances during the leave of absence.
Further information of the Students office (so far only in german):
Case of illness
If you fall sick during an assignment period you will be protected in the usual way. The regulations are specified in the ‘conditions of study and examination regulations’ . In case of illness the submission deadline of your assignment will be extended by exactly the number of days on the sick leave. A medical certificate (in English or German) has to be presented as soon as possible to the module leader and to Hebammenstudiengang via e-mail and by mail to:
Prof. Dr. Mechthild Gross / Frederike Biermann
Midwifery Research and Education Unit
Hannover Medical School (MHH)
Illness and core modules
The same as for any module applies for the Master thesis module. Please get in touch with your module leader as soon as possible. It must be emphasised that in the interests of fairness to those students who adhere to the published submission date an extension will be only able with respect to the reasons mentioned in the Student handbook (on our elearning plattform ILIAS).
In case of illness during the Advanced research methods core module, please contact the module leader and the head of programme at MHH immediately.
Failed module examinations and partial examinations can each be repeated twice. A failed Master thesis can only be repeated once (see Conditions of study and examination regulations).
MHH provides students with access to the electronic library of Hannover Medical School, which offers various e-books, access to databases, journals, articles and a web-based reference management software package.
To enter the electronic library, you need a Hannoversches Online Bibliothek SYstem number (= HOBSY number) which is printed on to the back of your student ID card.
After two years, the library demands a proof, that students are still enrolled. For that matter, you received an Email from the library, probably in German.
- Please download your current matriculation certificate
- with a copy of an ID showing your address to Ms. Heering (see contact)
You find a description how to download your certificate of enrollment above and in your Student handbook.
You find a further information about MHH library and a description how to change your password in the Students handbook (on our elearning plattform ILIAS).
Please visit the website of MHH´s library (english website available): www.mhh.de/en/institute-zentren-forschungseinrichtungen/library
and the subpage "information for Students" (so far only in German):
MHH library offers a tutorial for midwifes "how to search and retrieve literature".
Visit the website www.mhh.de/en/institute-zentren-forschungseinrichtungen/library/learning
Bibliothek - Tutorials-1 - Lernen
Informationen für Gesundheitsberufe
Library - learning -
Literature for health care professionals
AStA stands for ‘Allgemeiner Studierenden-Ausschuss” and is the students' union executive committee here at MHH. The AStA’s responsibility is to speak for all students and their needs who are enrolled at MHH. It is running many on-campus meetings, parties and talks. Usually the student representatives are in close contact with this body and speak for their peers.
The midwifery master programme is a distance learning programme with many students unable to speak German, it is more of a challenge to stay in a close connection. Anyhow, it is advised to use this body to support your needs and discuss complaints in relation to the programme. If you wish to participate in meetings and/or discussion you should be on campus and ideally speak German. Please contact email@example.com to get in touch and/or refer to the website www.mhh-asta.de for more information. Usually, the students speak English, so please do not hesitate to write your Emails in English. If you experience problems within the communication, please inform the student representative.
As recently suggested by our current students, we will in the future hold annual elections for your student representatives at the European MSc Midwifery programme. Your elected representatives represent you in the study committee, examination committee, and admission committee. We are currently preparing the formal steps of this election process. Elections will be each year in fall. We appreciate to candidate for such a position already in the first year.
so far only in German:
Visit the Website:www.mhh.de/betriebsaerztlicher-dienst
e.g. Consultation, Grippeschutzimpfung (Flu shot), ...
Informationen für Studierende aller Fakultäten der Medizinischen Hochschule:
The ASTA provides information about the international student identity card on their website: www.mhh-asta.de/studium/bescheinigungen-ordnungen
The ISIC offers a number of international discounts for students and is an official proof of student status all around the world.
Visit the Website: www.isic.de/home-en
Please visit the Website: www.mhh.de/en/international
Conditions of study and examination regulations of the European Master of Science in Midwifery
§ 8 Structure of the programme
(3) The degree Master of Science in Midwifery requires the successful participation in a sufficient number of modules as described in § 6 sect. 4 as well as the successful completion of the Master thesis. 60 ECTS credit points must be attained in mandatory (core) modules. Further 60 ECTS credit points must be attained in elective modules (at least 30 of these must be midwifery-specific modules).
(4) Recognition of prior learning can only be granted for study achievements that are equal to the contents, level, range, competencies and requirements of a study programme at Master’s level in the amount of 50%.
§ 19 Crediting of study and examination achievement
(1) According to Lisbon Convention, passed examination or/and courses of study which completed in Germany or abroad can be credited under condition that the content, level, range, competencies and requirements of the study programme comply with those of the
master’s course. Hannover Medical School must carry out the report of proof and has to inform with referring to the students’ right of objection. The right of objection contains information on remedies indicating legal action. The credit transfer is not possible for
examinations or/and courses of study already provide for the admission.
(2) The credit transfer will be determined by the dean of studies. If the same scale was used for grading the achievements, the final grade will be accepted. In case of a different grading scale, the credited achievement will be marked as “pass” (examination grades from partner universities are accepted according to the conversion table laid out in the Programme handbook).
(3) Students must provide in the application all certificates and proof of study achievements.
External modules during study