Dates and deadlines
On the following pages you will find all important dates for you as a student, such as the re-registration periods and the semester and lecture times. As an applicant, you will find an overview of when to expect acceptance or rejection letters and when and how to proceed thereafter.
The re-registration has to be made at certain set times each year:
- winter term: 15.06. - 07.07.
- summer term: 15.01. - 07.02.
Please note the difference between semester and lecture periods.
- winter term: 01.10. - 31.03.
- summer term: 01.04. - 30.09.
Please find the lecture periods for human medicince, dentistry, biomedicine and biochemistry here.
Applications for a higher semester (incl. practical year)
- 01.12. - 15.01. (for summer term)
- 01.06. - 15.07. (for winter term)
Applications for Studienkolleg
- 01.10. - 15.01. (for summer term)
- 01.04. - 15.07. (for winter term)
International applicants (Non-EU)
- 01.04. - 15.07. Application for a place to study (winter term)
- 01.04. - 15.07. Application for Studienkolleg (winter term)
National applicants und EU
- Deadlines see Hochschulstart
Applications for guest students
- by 15.03. at the latest (for the summer term)
- by 15.09. at the latest (for the winter term)
You can apply for a reimbursement of the semester fee until the following deadlines:
- Summer term: 15.05.
- Winter term: 15.11.
An reimbursement for the respective semester is not possible after these deadlines.