In a nutshell
Hannover Unified Biobank (HUB)
Clinical Biobank, Liquid Biobank, Tissue Biobank
The Hannover Unified Biobank (HUB) is the central biobank of the Hannover Medical School (MHH) and was established in 2012.
HUB manages and stores the majority of the biomaterials and the associated data of the institutes and clinics of the MHH, as well as several collections of external cooperation partners. In total, HUB currently stores about 2.5 million biomaterial samples (body fluids, tissues, cells, mircoorganisms) from routine clinical procedures, research and clinical trials.
- HUB operates to the highest quality standards and is DIN EN ISO 9001:2015 certified.
- Standardized processes and a high degreee of automation in the field of sample preparation enable a high sample quality.
- The samples are stored to the highest safety standards in liquid nitrogen tanks and a fully automatic -80°C storage system.
- All relevant quality data and a minimum data set for biomaterials are stored centrally in a biobank information management system.
- The samples are linked to clinical data via the MHH Data Warehouse (DWH).
- HUB has a data protection concept as well as an ethics vote and works with a broad consent of the patient.