IBD outpatient clinic
The outpatient clinic is a central contact point for patients with chronic inflammatory bowel diseases.
We offer a wide range of diagnostic procedures, drug therapies and clinical studies.
- Hematological laboratory tests
- autoantibody diagnostics
- stool diagnostics
- Microbiological examination
- Intestinal sonography with Doppler/duplex sonography
- Colonoscopy, gastroscopy, enteroscopy, capsule endoscopy
- Co-supervision in our nutritional medicine and hepatology consultation hours
- Anti-inflammatory and immunosuppressive therapy
- Anti-TNF-alpha therapy
Telefon: 0511 / 532-3160
Fax: 0511 / 532-161051
Outpatient Clinic for Intestinal Diseases,
Medical Polyclinic II,
Room A Building K2, level S0
Prof. Dr. U. Seidler and PD Dr. H. Lenzen
A referral from a resident gastroenterologist or a specialist internist is required. Please also provide us with bring all relevant preliminary findings.
- Do you offer preventive medical check-ups?
No. For check-ups, please contact your family doctor.
- Can I come by without an appointment?
No, we are a specialized university outpatient clinic. We can only arrange an appointment with you by telephone or e-mail after our doctors have viewed your preliminary findings.
- I don't have a diagnosis but I've had abdominal pain/diarrhea lately. Can you provide treatment?
No. We treat patients with a confirmed diagnosis who have been referred by their specialist. The primary treatment is always carried out by your local specialist. If you do not yet have a specialist, please contact your general practitioner. In an emergency, please contact the nearest emergency room.
- Do I need a transfer?
Yes. The specialist treating you must refer you to us.