The ethics committee bids farewell to Prof. Dr. Stefan Engeli. Prof. Dr. Urs-Vito Albrecht takes over the function of the chairman on a provisional basis (01.02.2021)
The members of the Ethics Committee bid farewell to their chairman Prof. Dr. Stefan Engeli, Institute for Clinical Pharmacology, who has accepted a professorship at the Institute for Pharmacology at the Greifswald University Hospital. The Ethics Committee is grateful to Prof. Dr. Engeli for his many years of volunteer service to patient protection, the protection of applicants, and the institution. Professor Dr. Engeli was a member of the Ethics Committee for 11 years, which he additionally chaired since 2016. The members wish Prof. Dr. Engeli all the best for his new responsibilities.
In accordance with the decision of the Ethics Committee dated 20.01.2021, Prof. Dr. Urs-Vito Albrecht will take over the chairmanship of the Ethics Committee on a provisional basis as of 01.02.2021.
Attention: EU-US Privacy Shield does not provide an appropriate legal framework (28.07.2020)
Following the ruling of the European Court of Justice of 16 July 2020 [case number C3-11/18], the regulations of the EU-US Privacy Shield no longer provide a suitable legal framework, particularly against the background of the Clarifying Lawful Overseas Use of Data Act (CLOUD Act) and the Foreign Surveillance Act (FISA). Those responsible should check in each individual case to what extent personal data or data that has the potential for identifying individuals (i.e. also pseudonymised data records as defined in Art. 4 paragraph 5 DSGVO) can be transmitted in a legally secure manner, either on the basis of suitable guarantees (e.g. binding company rules, standard contractual clauses or on the basis of express consent following risk disclosure in accordance with Art. 49 paragraph 1 letter a) DSGVO). With regard to standard contractual clauses in particular, the effects of the ruling and the regulatory guidelines likely to follow remain to be closely monitored by the competent authorities. Sponsors are therefore strongly advised to consult with the competent state commissioner for data protection.
General Information (10.07.2020)
- In light of the current situation, the Ethics Committee's office is returning to the old processes.
- All studies must therefore be submitted both in paper form and electronically.
- In order to contribute to slowing down the spread of the corona virus, the Ethics Committee asks to refrain from any visits to our office.
- For any inquires, please contact us by phone or e-mail. Applications should be sent to the office using in-house or regular postal service and not be delivered to our office in person.
- Information provided by the Arbeitskreis Medizinischer Ethik-Kommissionen in der Bundesrepublik Deutschland e.V.: Covid-19 and its effects - Information for sponsors and applicants: https://ak-med-ethik-komm.de/index.php?lang=en
- Amendments for master studies may still be submitted electronically.