Medical direction: Prof. Dr. med. Mohamed Omar.
Coordinator: PD Dr. med. Philipp Ivanyi
Sarcomas are rare tumors that originate either from bone or from soft tissue such as muscle, connective or fatty tissue. The early detection and stage-appropriate treatment of these tumors has a long tradition at Hannover Medical School.
In our Sarcoma Center, various surgical departments work closely together with oncological, diagnostic and interventional departments. Thanks to state-of-the-art diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, therapy planning tailored to individual needs is possible. If you have findings that require clarification, you can present to one of our special consultation hours.
The center is certified by the German Cancer Society (DKG) and holds the distinction "Sarcoma Center with Recommendation of the German Cancer Society e.V.".
External medical colleagues are welcome to use the service of the established interdisciplinary tumor conference.
Please send imaging and a referral to:
Mrs. Heike Klingemann
Documents for registration:
- Conventional Imaging
- Nuclear imaging
- CT/MRI-guided biopsy procedures
- Pathological diagnostics
- Human genetic diagnostics
- Resecting procedures (musculoskeletal, visceral and thoracic sarcomas and metastases)
- Tumor endoprosthetics
- Reconstructive limb surgery
- Plastic reconstructions
- Drug system therapy
- Multimodal therapies
- Molecular therapies
- Supportive therapies
- Participation in registry studies
- Participations in phase I-IV trials (sarcoma studies at MHH)
- Oncological nursing consultation
- Multimodal pain therapy
- Second opinions
- Radiofrequency ablation
- CT/MRI guided interventions
- Isolated limb infusion
- Follow-up examinations in the consultation hours
- Initiation of follow-up treatments
- Palliative medical treatments
- Cooperation with self-help groups