Application / Information
- Date: August 23rd - September 13th, 2020 (one week lecture program and one week lab rotation; one additional lab rotation possible)
- Application: 15th January to 30th April 2020 (https://hbrs.cloud.opencampus.net/)
- Duration: 2-3 weeks, 40 hours per week
- Available positions: max. 40
- ECTS-credits: 4(6) ECTS
- Course Language: English (level B2 - C2 required; see www.daad.de)
- Fee: 150,- Euro per week (including accomodation + breakfast, course fees, social program); not included: most of the meals and beverages, private travel expenses.
- Cancellation fee: 50,- Euro
Selected international participants will receive a travel stipend (fixed rates for the respective country you are travelling from)
Please note, students are requested to present a poster of their former research experience (e.g. Bachelor thesis) during the first week!
- Studies of Medicine or Life Sciences (Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, etc.), or Engineering; Degree: BSc, MSc, Diploma, MBBS, Staatsexamen
Please note that we do not accept students already doing/starting their PhD thesis!
- Excellent Marks (copies have to be provided)
- English (TOEFL; or at least seven years of English at school, etc.)
- At least one month of experimental research experience, detailed description of e.g. Bachelor's thesis, doctoral thesis in human medicine. Results should be presented during poster sessions.
- One letter of reference
- Not older than 30 years
In the selection process, great emphasis is put on the letter of motivation, publications, prizes, stipends, research experience, references and personality.
Successful participants in the summer academy (evaluation of poster presentation, lab protocol, evaluation by the supervisors of lab rotation) can achieve up to 6 ECTS credit points. If supervisors of lab rotations and lecturers have a positive impression of the students and if he/she is interested in doing a PhD at MHH, "LISA students" could go into a kind of "fast track" selection of HBRS. The candidates could apply to one of the PhD programmes by 1 April of the current or following years, or if lucky get directly a PhD position here after having attended LISA. The certificate "LISA student" would in any case directly lead to the second step in our application processes if all criteria (exam certificates etc.) are fulfilled. Students could be regarded as "pre-matched" with a supervisor if desired. However, there is no guarantee that everybody is accepted for PhD.
Type of Accomodation: Double Room in Youth Hostel (including breakfast)
Meals: inexpensive lunch is available in the MHH Mensa, average price: EUR 4.00 (seven days a week), dinner has to be organized by yourself.
Internet: free-of-charge internet access in the youth hostel and WIFI at the Twincore
Social and Leisure Programme: Guided tour through Hanover, boat trip, fireworks, GOP theatre, welcome party, barbecue