What you really should know!
# Hannover Biomedical Research School ensures adequate training for all budding scientists in its PhD programs.
# All PhD students are fully financed for 3-4 years.
Courses available outside the curriculum include:
- Animal Handling
- Gene Technology
- Omics and Bioinformatics
- Good Scientific Practise
- Master Class Lectures, Symposia
- LISA Summer Academy in Immunology (for potential PhD applicants)
The HBRS also provides various opportunities for personal development and social interaction. Previous events organised for our students include:
- Orientation weeks
- The Annual HBRS Welcome and Christmas Parties
- Conflict/ Stress/ Project/ Time Management
- Scientific writing
- HBRS Career Day
- Intercultural communication
- Team work
- Day/weekend trips to various German cities
- Career advice including special soft skill courses, excursions to industry and Alumni Mentoring
+ The HBRS office/ PhD office takes care of all personal matters (private and professional).
+ Every student has got one main supervisor as well as two co-supervisors.
+ Furthermore, you can rely on your fellow classmates as well as senior students. So, you are never left alone in case of problems!
+ We accept about 20 students per year to our MD/PhD program. They are coming from all over the world (more than 25 different countries). Here, you form a "class" and easily get into contact with people and facilities.
+ All members of the the program convene in an annual retreat, usually beginning of March.