What you really should know!
Hannover Biomedical Research School ensures adequate training for all budding scientists in its PhD programs. Courses available outside the curriculum include:
- Animal Handling
- Gene Technology
- Omics and Bioinformatics
- Good Scientific Practise
- Master Class Lectures, symposia
- LISA Summer Academy in Immunology (for potential PhD applicants)
The HBRS also provides various opportunities for personal development and social interaction. Previous events organised for our students include:
- Orientation weeks
- The Annual HBRS Christmas Party
- Conflict/ Stress/ Project/ Time Management
- Scientific writing
- HBRS Career Day
- Intercultural communication
- Team work
- Day/weekend trips to various German cities
- Career advice including special soft skill courses and excursions to industry
The HBRS office/ PhD office takes care of all personal matters. Every student has got one main supervisor as well as two co-supervisors. Furthermore, you can rely on your fellow classmates as well as senior students. So, you are never left alone in case of problems!
We accept about 20 students per year to our MD/PhD program. They are coming from all over the world (more than 25 different countries). Here, you form a "class" and easily get into contact with people and facilities. All members of the the program convene in an annual retreat, usually beginning of March.