due to the pandemic we decided to perform Otology Update 2020 as an internal course for our own physicians here at our ORL-Department.
We are confident to welcome you at our 23rd course on Ear and Temporal Bone Surgery on
March 23-26, 2021
here at Hannover Medical Park, near Hannover Medical School. We will present you with new as well as established topics from different areas of otosurgery and temporal bone surgery. The course has a clinical and a practical part, i.e. the dissection in the temporal bone laboratory.
- Your own dissection place in the temporal bone lab with modern equipment (two half-heads each will be provided)
- Intensive instruction and supervision
- Live surgery performed and commented by experienced surgeons
- Lectures given by renowned international speakers
- Course material
- Update on instruments and prostheses
- Endaural approach, raising the posterior and anterior tympanomeatal flap, if necessary meatoplasty
- Stapes surgery: Laser and conventional technique
- Mastoidectomy (complete with demonstration of sigmoid, the bony plate to the middle and posterior fossa including Trautmann‘s triangle, endolymphatic sac, antrum with incus, three semicircular canals, epitympanum with incus body and malleus head, facial nerve in its mastoid course down to the stylomastoid foramen)
- Posterior tympanotomy and cochleostomy with insertion of cochlear implant electrodes
- Ossiculoplasty with incus via the endaural and the posterior tympanotomy approach
- Visualization of jugular bulb
- Cavity with visualization of tympanic segment of facial nerve and geniculate ganglion
- Infratemporal approach type A with exposure of carotid artery, Eustachian tube, jugular bulb, jugular foramen including lower cranial nerves
- Infratemporal fossa approach type C
- Translabyrinthine approach with exposure of internal meatus
- Facial nerve decompression and rerouting
- Transotic approach
- Middle fossa approach
- Suboccipital approach
We also offer a few places without temporal bone dissection!
For more information please contact our colleagues via mail.