We offer numerous extracurricular activities:
- Orientation weeks: during the first weeks in October, we organize a broad program for you: administrative things, guided tour through MHH campus, our library and Hannover City, excursion to Celle, Welcome Party, Culture Shock seminar, crash course in German etc.
- Excursions and cultural events: we offer a Berlin excursion for first years (supported by DAAD). And in cooperation with the International Office, we organize excursions to famous places in Lower Saxony as well as to the opera house or theatre.
- Parties: we annually have our summer barbeque, the Christmas party and of course, the famous Indian party!
- Sports: MHH has its own gym and you as a student are welcome to join for a very small fee only. In addition, Leibniz Universität and MHH offer a variety of sports courses every term for free. (see Hochschulsport or ask at the HBRS office)
Great research! Great fun!
News and Events
soft skill courses, final exams, career day, excursions
- Präsentationstechniken, Schimmel, April 14th
- Bioinformatics, April 14th-16th
- Test for applicants MD/PhD program, April 15th, 1 p.m.
- StrucMed Symposium, April 16th, from 9 a.m., HS G und H
- Career Development, May 4th start of Webinar/Worshop series with Tina Persson
Selection process 2021:
HBRS is accepting applications for the 2021 intake (start of the programs October 2021) from December 1st, 2020 until April 1st, 2021 on https://hbrs.cloud.opencampus.net/
Click here to read some quotes, press articles and see a video.
- Team Work March 17th, 2021
- Retreat MD/PhD program, March 4th/5th, online
- StrucMed Info, February 16th, 5 p.m., online
- Final exams in the PhD program Infection Biology/DEWIN and MD/PhD program, January 29th, online
- Time Management, February 17th and 24th, Golin Wissenschaftsmanagement, online
- Final exams in the PhD program "Regenerative Sciences, January 22nd
- Scientific Writing, Kruse, January 15th, 2021
- Final exams in the MD/PhD program, November 6th. Please see the program here
- Presentation course with Eric Molin, November 24th and 25th, online
- Confict Management, Dr. Peter Schröder, on December 8th 2020 and January 19th, Golin Wissenschaftsmanagement, online
- StrucMed Symposium, April 17th, postponed to October 2nd
- Webinar series on career and job application aspects with Tina Persson, seven seminars, virtual
- Project Management in the Biotech and Pharm Industry with C. Grote-Westrick, September 5th, online
- Drug Development, October 23rd, postponed
- Retreat of Young Academy, June 30th
- ZIB Final Exams, June 26th
- MD/PhD Interviews June 8th/9th
- MD/PhD final exams June 10th/12th
- ZIB Interviews, May 26th to 28th
- ZIB Retreat, Twincore, May 20th
- Time management, March 18th, postponed to May 15th online
- Team Work Course, April 22nd, online
- Berlin excursion, March 20th-22nd, cancelled!
- Präsentationstechniken, March 25th, cancelled!
- Twincore retreat MD/PhD program Molecular Medicine, March5th/6th, 2020
- HBRS Career Day, March 13th, cancelled! postponed to 2021!
- Conflict Management December 3rd/4th
- Christmas concert in Market church December 6th
- Excursion to the Harz Mountains December 7th/8th
- Final exams MD/PhD program November 8th
- Presenation workshop, November 5th/6th
- Excursion to Cuxhaven November 2nd/3rd
- HBRS symposium/ Opening ceremony, October 21st
- Bioinformatics October 8th-10th
- Project Management, October 4th
- Orientation weeks from October 2nd
- Drug Development, September 20th
- Team leadership, September 13th
- Intercultural communication, August 9th-11th
- Visual Abstracts, July 3rd
- HBRS Career Day, March 15th
- Presentation techniques, March 27th
- StrucMed Symposium, April 26th
- Team Work, March 6th
- GMP/GLP, February 13th, Fraunhofer Institute
- Stress Management, January 15th/16th and February 5th/6th, Grit Kümmele
- Scientific Writing, January 11th, Susanne Kruse, 2019
you find all open positions of MHH here
http://www.bioberufe.de/ (jobs within Germany, including industry)
http://zeit.stellenanzeigen.de/asp/portal/zeit/angebote.asp (jobs within Germany; choice between university jobs or industry)
http://jobs.uni-hd.de/ (science jobs in Germany)
http://naturejobs.nature.com/js.php (international science jobs)
http://www.newscientistjobs.com/splash.action (international science jobs)
http://mc-opportunities.cordis.lu (EU Marie-Curie vacancies)
http://findapostdoc.com/ (Postdoc positions)
www.eth-gethired.ch (Jobs in Switzerland)
https://www.jobbydoo.de/forschung-jobs (Search for Jobs in Research)
(please note, especially the big pharmaceutical companies and other industry always like to receive initiative applications, so look on their homepages for addresses etc.)
Grants, Stipends, Foundations etc.
http://www.funding-guide.de (database by DAAD for PhD and Postdoc funding possibilities)
http://www.daad.de (foreign Exchange)
http://www.dfg.de (German Science Foundation)
http://www.humboldt-foundation.de/de/programme/index.htm (Humboldt-Foundation; Grants for Post Docs; also for foreign students already being in Germany!! And for Germans going abroad!!)
http://www.embo.org/funding-awards/fellowships (EMBO Postdoc Fellowships)
http://www.volkswagenstiftung.de/ (Volkswagenstiftung; Grants for projects)
https://www.daimler-benz-stiftung.de/cms/nachwuchs/stipendienprogramm-fuer-postdoktoranden.html (Daimler Benz Stiftung, Postdoc grants)