What can I do in case of a crisis? Here are some tips:
We are aware that a PhD might cause stress or anxieties. Also some of you might feel lonely or depressed in a completely new surrounding.
- The HBRS office (Susanne and Birgit) is always open. Please feel free to drop by.
- Susanne is a certified "mental health first aider". Therefore, she has got some consultation experience.
- We are also happy to provide you with help if you are seeking more "professional / psychological" advice.
- We are offering a number of annual soft skill courses courses - like Stress Management, Time Management or Conflict Management. Please ask.
- The general practioners (GPs) in Germany are usually responsible for referring you to a specialist.
- In case of an emergency at weekends:
a) acute mental stress
b) suicidal tendency
c) acute life crisis
Professional guidance on the phone (they are bound to official discretion)
Tel. +49 511-30 03 34 70 ; Fr: 15-20 Uhr; Sa/ So: 12-20 Uhr
- Maybe the information on the following Website is useful: https://www.scholar-minds.net/resources/