The MHH library offers you numerous options for obtaining information on the subject of medicine.
- The entire collection of the MHH library can be searched in the catalogue.
- HOBSY catalogue is the joint catalog of the Hanoverian libraries of the HOBSY network (HOBSY-Verbund).
- GVK - Gemeinsamer Verbundkatalog: Central catalogue of the Common Library Network (Gemeinsamen Bibliotheksverbund - GBV). Access to the holdings of more than 460 libraries in several federal states as well as to the article database Online Contents (OLC).
Print journals can be searched and ordered via the catalogue. They are usually available at the lending desk within a few minutes.
The Electronic Journals Library - Elektronischen Zeitschriftenbibliothek (EZB) lists licensed electronic journals together with academic journals which are free of charge and freely accessible on the Internet.
E-books purchased by the library are listed in the catalogue. Instead of a shelfmark, you will find a link that takes you directly to the e-book (only possible from the MHH campus).
- University theses/dissertations can be searched via the catalogue and ordered from the closed stacks within a few minutes if required.
- Some of the dissertations are also available electronically and can be found and accessed via the catalogue.
- Cumulative dissertations can be searched via this link.
- German university theses can be found in the catalogue of the German National Library - Katalog der Deutschen Nationalbibliothek.
The Database information system DBIS lists both licensed and free academic databases.
Including among others:
- Direct access to the DBIS subject databases Medicine
- Web of Science: Interdisciplinary database of articles from the fields of medicine, arts, humanities, social sciences, natural sciences and technology.
- Journal Citation Reports: Evaluation of scientific journals according to the criteria of the Institute for Scientific Information (e.g. "impact factor").
- LIVIVO: Research portal for life sciences of the German Central Library for Medicine in Cologne.
- Fernzugriff ZB Med Remote access ZB Med for registered users
- Google Scholar: General literature search linked to the MHH library holdings (external access)
Bibliothek der MHH - OE 8900
Phone: +49 511 532-3326