Applying for the European Master of Science in Midwifery is no longer possible
The programme will expire at the end of the accreditation period in 2024. For this reason no new cohort has started from 2022 onwards. It is no longer possible to apply.
Participation in individual modules as a guest student is still possible.
We are working on developing a concept for a new Master’s programme, which may then be in German - if it comes into being. No further information can currently be given.
Hannover Medical School
Prof. Dr. Mechthild M. Gross, OE 9210
Midwifery Research and Education Unit
Your application should include the following documents:
- A cover letter
- Signed Entry application form with signed Data protection form (download here)
- Your signed curriculum vitae
- Documentation of completed professional training as a midwife as delineated in Directive 2005/36/EG of the European Parliament and Council from September 7, 2005, describing the recognition of professional qualifications
- Documentation of at least one year of work experience as a full-time midwife or two years of work experience as a part-time midwife (at least 50%)
- Documentation of a Bachelor’s degree, or homologous degree, in a course of study closely related to midwifery
- Documentation of a completed course in scientific methods (e.g. syllabus of scientific methods course during the Bachelor’s programme) plus number of ECTS
- Verification of English language competency, for example through the successful completion of the IELTS exam (band score 6.0 or above), is required. Students with a bachelor’s degree from an English speaking university, who wrote a Bachelor’s thesis in English, who can provide documentation of a stay of at least 6 months in an English speaking country, or who are native speakers are not required to take a language exam
Please note that only notarised copies of school/university reports and verifications in English or German will be accepted.
Please note the Access and admission conditions
E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us at +49 511 532 9619
Or fax us at +49 511 532 6191